- SNR = 57 dB @ 39 MHz Analog Input (–0.5 dBFS)
- Low Power
- 190 mW at 65 MSPS
- 285 mW at 105 MSPS
- 30 mW Power-Down Mode
- 300 MHz Analog Bandwidth
- On-Chip Reference and Track/Hold
- 1 V p-p or 2 V p-p Analog Input Range Option
- Single 3.3 V Supply Operation (2.7 V–3.6 V)
- Two’s Complement or Offset Binary Data Format Option
- Battery-Powered Instruments
- Hand-Held Scopemeters
- Low-Cost Digital Oscilloscopes
- Ultrasound Equipment
- Cable Reverse Path
- Broadband Wireless
- Residential Power Line Networks
The AD9214 is a 10-bit monolithic sampling analog-to-digital converter (ADC) with an on-chip track-and-hold circuit, and is optimized for low cost, low power, small size, and ease of use. The product operates up to 105 MSPS conversion rate with outstanding dynamic performance over its full operating range.
The ADC requires only a single 3.3 V (2.7 V to 3.6 V) power supply and an encode clock for full performance operation. No external reference or driver components are required for many applications. The digital outputs are TTL/CMOS compatible and a separate output power supply pin supports interfacing with 3.3 V or 2.5 V logic.
The clock input is TTL/CMOS compatible. In the power-down state, the power is reduced to 30 mW. A gain option allows support for either 1 V p-p or 2 V p p analog signal input swing.
Fabricated on an advanced CMOS process, the AD9214 is available in a 28-lead surface-mount plastic package (28-SSOP) specified over the industrial temperature range (–40°C to +85°C).
- High Performance—Outstanding ac performance from 65 MSPS to 105 MSPS. SNR greater than 55 dB typical and as high as 58 dB.
- Low Power—The AD9214 at 285 mW consumes a fraction of the power available in existing high-speed monolithic solutions.
- In sleep mode, power is reduced to 30 mW.
- Single Supply—The AD9214 uses a single 3 V supply, simplifying system power supply design. It also features a separate digital output driver supply line to accommodate 2.5 V logic families.
- Small Package—The AD9214 is packaged in a small 28-lead
surface-mount plastic package (28-SSOP).